ALL TECH.5FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» hellO ALL
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeThu 9 Oct - 23:28 by shanemc6969

» Knock Knock
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeWed 20 Aug - 21:44 by Stevin diesel

» Blood Fever Veronica Wolff Free Download
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 20:16 by Guest

» Metro2033 - Missing Globe File - Textures.vfs1
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul - 16:44 by Guest

» Giovanni Marradi-Love Letter Full Album Zip
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul - 21:40 by Guest

» Sony Vaio E Series Pcg-61b11w Drivers For Windows 7 64 Bit
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul - 13:38 by Guest

» Sony Vaio E Series Pcg-61b11w Drivers For Windows 7 64 Bit
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeSat 26 Jul - 13:34 by Guest

» Acer_Aspire_5020_Launch_Manager
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul - 9:10 by Guest

» Kafshet Jo Rruazore
Red Dead Redemption Review I_icon_minitimeThu 24 Jul - 6:29 by Guest

Red Dead Redemption Review

2 posters

Go down

Red Dead Redemption Review Empty Red Dead Redemption Review

Post  CONVERSE Thu 27 May - 22:10

Let me just start by saying game is better than I first expected.
It is simply because open world free-roam games are nothing new anymore, particularly from rockstar and personally I feel that the GTA series has really reached the end because there isn't really much scope left for another game. Rockstar possibly feel the same way, so they have been putting all their heart into their latest game - Red Dead Redemption which is good for us and them.

The game is about the life of John Marston, an ex-member of Bill Williamson's gang of outlaws. John is out to settle his differences with his ex partner in crime, Bill, to prevent bad things happening to his family. John discovers that Bill Williams has traveled to Mexican territory which is being fought over by the Mexicn army and insurgent rebels. John has many choices in this game, whether he sides with the outlaws, lawmen, rebels, or innocents is entirely up to you. The game has different paths for you to take so it isn't entirely a one direction storyline.

It is the same platform and layout that were used to all the way back from GTAIII! only everything has changed for the better. We now have an epic open world western/horse riding/gun slinging game which is such a refreshing change.
If you are a fan of rockstar's previous games then you should really enjoy this even if you aren't a big fan of westerns.

The controls are very similar to GTA and so is the camera so i needn't discuss them too deeply as you're already more than likely familiar with them. But they're the typical aim and shoot, tap x to sprint and hold x to accelerate your horse, the usual really.

The graphics are beautiful, rockstar have really hit the nail on the head with this game. The characters, clothing, environments, animals, buildings etc are all top notch, and some of the views in the game are simply stunning. When standing on a cliff edge looking into the sea whilst the sun sets is very picturesque. There are many nice little features like skinning animals, searching areas and completing small tasks to acquire scraps of clothing for new outfits. You can even herd and capture wild horses then break them in to become your own.

The online side is quite a nice touch, I haven't ventured too far into it but you have plenty of characters to choose from and basically there are loads of other players free roaming in the same area as you. Whether you choose to side together or blow each others heads off is entirely up to you, i felt that everybody was trying to kill me on sight though which was a little off putting. The single player is the main highlight of this game but when that is complete the online will be the next challenge for you no doubt.

Overall this game is so well thought out and it's nice to say it hasn't been over hyped. I think most players of this game will enjoy it thoroughly and really get into the whole storyline and characters, who, by the way have excellent voice talent capturing their personalities perfectly. There is SO much to do that it will keep you entertained for months, and it is a title that you will want to keep in your collection for as long as possible.

Graphics 9/10 - not many games look better than this
Sound 10/10 - perfect atmosphere, gun fire effects and voice talent.
Controls 9/10 - almost spot on, though i would have changed just a couple of things.
Game play 10/10 - as good as it's gonna get when it comes to free roam games.
Life span 10/10 0 tonnes and tonnes to do, with the added online. Endless hours of entertainment.

A must buy!

CONVERSE

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption Review Empty thanks for the review

Post  hardcorehyde Fri 28 May - 0:08

thanks for putting this review on sounds fab.cant wait to get it now i got it pre ordered everywer sold out,must be popular.i love my free roam games and never get bored ov themand good to see a change from rockstar,best thing they could do was change to western.cant wait and thanks for the top review
hardcorehyde
hardcorehyde

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption Review Empty Re: Red Dead Redemption Review

Post  CONVERSE Fri 28 May - 3:58

sounds good must get this myself hyde and we can play online init cuz

admin

CONVERSE

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorehyde Sat 29 May - 3:49

yeah defo mate but places are sold out n i pre ordered it just waiting for it to come.... aaaaaaaar!!!
hardcorehyde
hardcorehyde

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down